The Board of Directors is the designated scholarship committee and is responsible for promoting and monitoring the awarding of scholarships. The goal is to help members afford to ride with top level instructors.
Scholarships are available for up to $100 per person in a 24 month period.
- Scholarships cover tuition only (no transportation, stabling, lunch, etc.).
- Clinics that are advertised or sponsored by WWDA, USEA, USDF or USEF are allowed, private clinics may be allowed with prior approval of scholarship board. They are not limited to our WWDA immediate geographic area. In the case of a program where you sign up for multiple sessions at once (like a rider development program), the scholarship is applicable to the overall program. Clinics subsidized by WWDA for WWDA members will not be eligible for scholarships.
- Individuals are eligible for scholarships once every two years.
- Scholarship candidate must proceed with routine entry process for the clinic, including full payment. Once scholarship application is approved and candidate has completed clinic and submitted a written report for the WWDA newsletter or to be placed on the WWDA website, they contact the treasurer who then processes the scholarship funding.
- There is a maximum of two $100 scholarships per clinic or $200 total per clinic.
- Volunteer history will be considered when awarding scholarship funds.
- Recipient must be a current WWDA member in good standing.
- Recipients may be board members, but must abstain from voting on their own scholarship